We are close to running out of funding to award new grants.
The remaining spots will be awarded on a first come first served basis to people who submit completed applications.
We can not hold a spot until the application is complete. You may call us to see if there is funding.
The Brain Tumor Drug Copayment Assistance Program, a program of the Musella Foundation For Brain Tumor Research & Information, Inc., provides financial assistance to families who need help covering the cost of certain drugs used to treat a specific type of brain tumor called a glioblastoma multiforme as well as some other types of PRIMARY MALIGNANT BRAIN TUMORS, such as: Anaplastic Astrocytoma, Gliosarcoma, High Grade Oligodendroglioma. Other primary malignant brain tumors will be considered on a case by case basis. We CANNOT help people with other tumor types with this program. There is no fee for this assistance, and you will not be obligated to pay it back in any way. We will never tell you which treatment to use, which doctor to use or which pharmacy to use!
- Novocure NovoTTF-100A
The Program's resources are limited, but we will help as many families as possible. We will give awards on a first come first served basis until the funds run out - so apply now. There is a yearly maximum per person of $5,000 - which is subject to change. We may be able to (depending on our fund level) start your coverage date up to 3 months prior to the date you first register.
This program is designed to help people who:
- Have a glioblastoma multiforme, or other type of PRIMARY (NOT METASTATIC) MALIGNANT BRAIN TUMORS (Such as Anaplastic Astrocytoma, Gliosarcoma, High Grade Oligodendroglioma), and who use one or more of the drugs covered by the program
- Have insurance that pays for a portion of the drugs
- Are residents of the USA
- Have income that is less than five times higher than the poverty level OR have lost your job due to the brain tumor!
| # of People in Family
|| Max Family Income
| 7 (or more)
If you do not meet these qualifications but are having trouble paying for drugs to treat your brain tumor, you may be able to receive financial assistance from other organizations. See our list of resources here
We will try to make this as easy as possible for you (and your doctor!) but we need to make sure that our limited resources are given to those that need it. To Apply you will need:
- Proof of Diagnosis of a Glioblastoma Multiforme or other malignant glioma.
- Proof of Income (Copy of last year's tax return or some proof that you lost your job or retired or a social security benefits statement)
- Proof of Insurance that covers the type of treatment you are applying for (Copy of your insurance card as well as explanation of benefits)
Once approved, to file a claim you need: (You can send at same time as application or wait until you get a decision)
- Receipts showing the amount you paid, or an invoice from your provider indicating your expected out of pocket expenses.
- Proof that you are not applying for assistance from other services for this same prescription. (A simple form needs to be filled out by the provider / pharmacist)
We encourage you to apply to all of the other sources of assistance first, and use us as a last resort as we have limited funds.
To apply, print out the application packet and fax or mail it to us.
Call us at 1-855-426-2672 (toll free) if you have any questions.